Many refer to Chef John Ash as the “Father of Wine Country Cuisine”. In 1980 he opened his namesake restaurant, John Ash & Company, in Santa Rosa, CA. It was the first restaurant in Northern California wine country to focus on local, seasonal ingredients used to create dishes that complement the wines being made in the region.
John currently travels the world teaching cooking classes to both home cooks as well as professionals. He is an adjunct instructor at the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone in the Napa Valley. In 2008 John was voted “Cooking School Teacher of the Year” by the International Association of Culinary Professionals. Author of 3 cookbooks, and working on the 4th, he has also hosted two programs on the Food network as well as his long running radio show in Northern California.
- Seared Fresh Tuna on Rice Crackers with Wasabi Aioli
- Spicy Potato Samosas with Cilantro Chutney
- Coconut Chicken Skewers with Mango Mustard Seed Sauce
- Crispy Rice Croquettes with Fontina and Prosciutto
- Served with Complementary Wines