February – June 2012
Tapas are wonderfully flexible small plates, suitable as hors d‘ oeuvres in small numbers or as a whole meal when served en masse. Chef John Ash mines a rich vein from his culinary travels to assemble a menu with real legs. Hands on!
● Avocado Fries with Smoked Paprika Aïoli
● Roasted Piquillo Peppers with Goat Cheese
● Deviled Eggs Three Ways: Classic, Crab and Caper, Dill and White Anchovy
● 5-Spice Chicken in Rice Paper
● Seared Scallops with Pancetta Vinaigrette
- Utilize the bounty of California’s ingredients, including the produce, cheeses, meats, and seafood that have helped define “California cuisine.”
- Prepare signature dishes using a variety of cooking techniques, including grilling, slow roasting, braising, and more.
- Study in depth some of the special wines from California that have helped shape the region’s cuisine.
- Learn more about the fundamentals of food and wine pairing.
- Visit artisan purveyors and wineries to gain a deeper insight into the special people who help make California such a beloved culinary destination.
To register, call 707-967-2328.
In honor of his new book “Culinary Birds”, scheduled to be released in the Fall of 2013, we will recreate some of John’s favorite recipes from his many culinary adventures abroad. In this hands-on cooking experience, we will focus on local, seasonal ingredients used to create the dishes. We will partner with a local poultry provider, Pepper Ranch Poultry, for our main ingredient—the chicken of course! In addition to the recipes, you will learn a bit about current poultry husbandry practices, as well as some things we should all know about man’s first domesticated meat source. This farm-to-kitchen experience should not be missed!
- Crispy 5-spice Chicken in Rice Paper with Dipping Sauce
- Grilled Chicken Kebabs with Tzatziki Sauce
- Chicken and Shrimp Meatball Soup with Cellophane Noodles
- Vietnamese Chicken Salad with Spicy Dressing
- John’s Favorite Chicken Sandwich
Click here to register by June 6, 2012. Space is limited.