February – August 2012
Tapas are wonderfully flexible small plates, suitable as hors d‘ oeuvres in small numbers or as a whole meal when served en masse. Chef John Ash mines a rich vein from his culinary travels to assemble a menu with real legs. Hands on!
● Avocado Fries with Smoked Paprika Aïoli
● Roasted Piquillo Peppers with Goat Cheese
● Deviled Eggs Three Ways: Classic, Crab and Caper, Dill and White Anchovy
● 5-Spice Chicken in Rice Paper
● Seared Scallops with Pancetta Vinaigrette
He uses the grill to impart a unique essence to everything from grilled vegetables for the gazpacho to wild mushroom hobo packs, with their sealed in juices and heavenly aromas, to the fresh fruits, seared to express their inner sweetness.
- Pizza from the Grill
- Grilled Gazpacho with Salsa Verde
- Vietnamese Lettuce Rolls with Grilled Beef
- Grilled Asparagus and Arugula Salad with Grilled Robiola and Mortadella Wild
- Mushroom Hobo Packs
- Grilled Trout Agrodolce
- Grilled Pineapple and Summer Fruits with Mint Custard Sauce
To register click here. Space is limited.
Central to the story of Pinot Noir’s steady rise in California has been the improbable ascent of Kosta Browne, a small Sonoma winery, started more than a decade ago by two waiters who pooled their tips so they could make wine. Since 2002 Kosta Browne has been wowing the wine world with delicious wines, especially Pinot Noir and in 2011 earned the highly coveted Wine Spectator wine of the year award. Ramekins is pleased to welcome Kosta Browne Winery, Dan Kosta and Chef John Ash for an unforgettable evening to honor the art of food and wine pairing at its very best.
John Ash visits and shares his culinary insights and wisdom of “Seafood Watch,” an educational initiative for sustainable seafood by the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Come learn how to make wise choices about the seafood you purchase, and taste some new and delicious ways to enjoy it.
Fisherman Mike Svedise, owner of Santa Rosa Seafood will present a fresh, whole troll-caught Bodega Bay King Salmon, and a line-caught Point Reyes Halibut. Chef Mei Ibach, SRJC Culinary Instructor and the Windsor High School Culinary Arts Academy, will prepare the fish and share her recipes.