February 2012 – January 2014
Tapas are wonderfully flexible small plates, suitable as hors d‘ oeuvres in small numbers or as a whole meal when served en masse. Chef John Ash mines a rich vein from his culinary travels to assemble a menu with real legs. Hands on!
● Avocado Fries with Smoked Paprika Aïoli
● Roasted Piquillo Peppers with Goat Cheese
● Deviled Eggs Three Ways: Classic, Crab and Caper, Dill and White Anchovy
● 5-Spice Chicken in Rice Paper
● Seared Scallops with Pancetta Vinaigrette
He uses the grill to impart a unique essence to everything from grilled vegetables for the gazpacho to wild mushroom hobo packs, with their sealed in juices and heavenly aromas, to the fresh fruits, seared to express their inner sweetness.
- Pizza from the Grill
- Grilled Gazpacho with Salsa Verde
- Vietnamese Lettuce Rolls with Grilled Beef
- Grilled Asparagus and Arugula Salad with Grilled Robiola and Mortadella Wild
- Mushroom Hobo Packs
- Grilled Trout Agrodolce
- Grilled Pineapple and Summer Fruits with Mint Custard Sauce
To register click here. Space is limited.
Central to the story of Pinot Noir’s steady rise in California has been the improbable ascent of Kosta Browne, a small Sonoma winery, started more than a decade ago by two waiters who pooled their tips so they could make wine. Since 2002 Kosta Browne has been wowing the wine world with delicious wines, especially Pinot Noir and in 2011 earned the highly coveted Wine Spectator wine of the year award. Ramekins is pleased to welcome Kosta Browne Winery, Dan Kosta and Chef John Ash for an unforgettable evening to honor the art of food and wine pairing at its very best.
In this class I will be cooking from my new book, Culinary Birds. I’ll show you how to choose the best birds for your recipes and help you hone your skills with the delicious protein.
- Korean Chicken Wings
- Chicken & Shrimp Meatball Soup
- Turkey Breast Picatta
- Frisee Salad with Fried Eggs & Maple Roasted Bacon
- Tea Smoked Game Hens