October 2012 – January 2014
Menu for this event:
Wild Mushroom Toasts with Fried Basil
Raw Kale Salad with Pine Nuts, Currants and Persimmons
Breast of Chicken with Robiola Cheese and Prosciutto
Soup of Fall Fruits with Muscat Sabayon and Almond Thins
Tonight we will explore some of John’s favorite poultry dishes from all over the globe including one made famous at a little kiosk in Eugene Oregon. Students will experience a variety of flavors and learn how to use different parts of the birds in these recipes. On the menu for this evening:
- Tuscan Chicken Liver Toasts
- Duck Breast Salad with Oranges
- Posole Blanco with Chicken
- Chicken “Man Sandwiches”
- Turkey Saltimbocca with Lemon-Egg Sauce
- The Most Sensuous and Simple Dessert You’ll Ever Eat!
For this hands-on class students will work with Chef Ash using four different birds to prepare seven dishes for a great poultry feast. Many of these recipes come from John’s just released book: Culinary Birds: The Ultimate Poultry Cookbook.
- Deep Fried Quail with Dried Fruit Chutney
- Chicken Livers and Bacon with Ginger Cream Sauce
- Vietnamese Chicken Salad
- Turkey Picadillo Tacos
- Turkey Tetrazzini
- Crispy Duck Rolls with Dipping Sauce
- Roast Duck Breast with Grapefruit
Join me for this Happy Hour Celebration of the release of Culinary Birds! Complimentary appetizers made from the book and a great time! See you there.
- An Evening with farm-to-table pioneers John Ash and Larry Forgione on Saturday, November 2, 2013 at The Culinary Institute of America at Greystone includes:
– A welcome glass of wine
– Cooking demonstration and tasting with James Beard Award-winning chef and author John Ash at 4 PM
– Booking signing and copy of Ash’s “Culinary Birds: The Ultimate Poultry Cookbook”
– Five-course meal from chef Larry Forgione at The Conservatory, a culinary “crop-up” restaurant, at 6 PM
Kick off the weekend with me at this great spice shop in downtown Santa Rosa! I will be signing books, and it will be a great chance for you to pick up a personalized book as a holiday gift for the foodies on your list. In addition, the Savory Spice Shop has a variety of blends and spices ground fresh in weekly batches. They also have extracts, sauces, spice ware and specialty items.
It should be a fun, and productive night for your holiday shopping!
In this class I will be cooking from my new book, Culinary Birds. I’ll show you how to choose the best birds for your recipes and help you hone your skills with the delicious protein.
- Korean Chicken Wings
- Chicken & Shrimp Meatball Soup
- Turkey Breast Picatta
- Frisee Salad with Fried Eggs & Maple Roasted Bacon
- Tea Smoked Game Hens