August 2013 – January 2014
Calling all foodies! Here is your chance to talk food and wine with one of North America’s leading chefs while you walk and hike each day in the unparalleled alpine beauty of the Canadian Rockies. Walk on wide open ridges and mountain tops before flying back to a luxurious lodge to savour time at the spa, or relax around the fireplace with new friends. In the evenings John will lead discussions that will awaken your taste buds to explore and discover, and you will enjoy dining on a Chef John Ash inspired five-star meal.
John was voted “Cooking School Teacher of the Year” by the International Association of Culinary Professionals and is an
adjunct instructor at The Culinary Institute of America at Greystone
in the Napa Valley. He is just about to release his fourth cook book, Culinary Birds, and is looking forward to sharing the stories he has collected over the years. As well as being a gifted and award winning author, Ash co-hosted a radio show for over 26 years and was the host of two TV shows on The Food Network.
This trip is a must for anyone who loves good food and conversation in the most spectacular mountain environment. Join Chef Ash and CMH Summer Adventures for a unique and incredible vacation!
I’ll be broadcasting live at this event with Steve Garner and The Good Food Hour on KSRO-AM. This is the 17th Annual Kendall Jackson Heirloom Tomato Festival, and it is definitely one of the highlight events in Sonoma County!
I’ll also be judging the Chef’s Challenge, where chefs compete against one another to see who can create the dish that best showcases the tomato. There is a waiting list for this event, but it’s worth it to try to make it, and to put it on your calendar for next year. It’s always a good time!
- An Evening with farm-to-table pioneers John Ash and Larry Forgione on Saturday, November 2, 2013 at The Culinary Institute of America at Greystone includes:
– A welcome glass of wine
– Cooking demonstration and tasting with James Beard Award-winning chef and author John Ash at 4 PM
– Booking signing and copy of Ash’s “Culinary Birds: The Ultimate Poultry Cookbook”
– Five-course meal from chef Larry Forgione at The Conservatory, a culinary “crop-up” restaurant, at 6 PM
John offers three hands-on culinary experiences, 3.5 hours each, during which you will enjoy preparing your own meal along with fellow cooks. An additional class will be added depending upon demand. Classes take place at La Cocina Que Canta, our new culinary center. You also will have the opportunity to harvest produce you use from our organic garden, Tres Estrellas.
For more information and registration, please click here.
- See more at: http://www.rancholapuerta.com/at-the-ranch/event-calendar/event-registration/?ee=181#sthash.QROL2Wbg.dpuf