October 2013 – January 2014
Join me for this Happy Hour Celebration of the release of Culinary Birds! Complimentary appetizers made from the book and a great time! See you there.
- An Evening with farm-to-table pioneers John Ash and Larry Forgione on Saturday, November 2, 2013 at The Culinary Institute of America at Greystone includes:
– A welcome glass of wine
– Cooking demonstration and tasting with James Beard Award-winning chef and author John Ash at 4 PM
– Booking signing and copy of Ash’s “Culinary Birds: The Ultimate Poultry Cookbook”
– Five-course meal from chef Larry Forgione at The Conservatory, a culinary “crop-up” restaurant, at 6 PM
Local Chef John Ash, gives a pre-Thanksgiving talk that will change your dining experience come Turkey Day. This well-loved James Beard award-winning author, teacher, and restaurateur co-hosts the radio talk show, The Good Food Hour, and also teaches cooking classes.
James Beard award winner John Ash takes a serious look at one of our country’s main protein sources, weighing the health, sustainability and flavor benefits of culinary birds, from duck to game hen to goose! Come hear him talk, take a taste from the book, and pick up a copy. “I came to learn the impact of free range, vegetarian feed, and antibiotic-free husbandry practices…‘you are what you eat’, began to make a whole lot of sense, as you can taste that adage in every bite.” – Mike Leventini
Kick off the weekend with me at this great spice shop in downtown Santa Rosa! I will be signing books, and it will be a great chance for you to pick up a personalized book as a holiday gift for the foodies on your list. In addition, the Savory Spice Shop has a variety of blends and spices ground fresh in weekly batches. They also have extracts, sauces, spice ware and specialty items.
It should be a fun, and productive night for your holiday shopping!
In this class I will be cooking from my new book, Culinary Birds. I’ll show you how to choose the best birds for your recipes and help you hone your skills with the delicious protein.
- Korean Chicken Wings
- Chicken & Shrimp Meatball Soup
- Turkey Breast Picatta
- Frisee Salad with Fried Eggs & Maple Roasted Bacon
- Tea Smoked Game Hens