I’m having a problem with all of the companies who are offering home delivery of foods to be cooked by the subscriber like Blue Apron. It’s not that they aren’t quality but they are exceedingly expensive for what you get, they involve a lot of packaging that impacts the land fill and they isolate you from the shopping experience where you can learn a lot and expand your culinary skills and horizons. Much better to spend that money at a Farmers Market. I’m inspired by those startups that are promoting “ugly vegetables and fruits” like Imperfect Produce. They are making perfectly acceptable produce available at a good price that would otherwise end up in the land fill because Americans are so wrapped up in surface beauty.
In my opinion: Food trends that hurt and help!
- January 11th, 2018|Comments Off on SOUPE AU PISTOU (VEGETABLE SOUP WITH PESTO)
- December 18th, 2017|Comments Off on GIFTS FROM YOUR KITCHEN 2017
- November 20th, 2017|Comments Off on Thanksgiving Recipes
- October 31st, 2017|Comments Off on 11th annual Ashland Culinary Festival (November 2nd – 5th, 2017)
- October 7th, 2017|Comments Off on 11th annual Ashland Culinary Festival, November 2nd – 5th, 2017