I’m having a problem with all of the companies who are offering home delivery of foods to be cooked by the subscriber like Blue Apron. It’s not that they aren’t quality but they are exceedingly expensive for what you get, they involve a lot of packaging that impacts the land fill and they isolate you from the shopping experience where you can learn a lot and expand your culinary skills and horizons. Much better to spend that money at a Farmers Market. I’m inspired by those startups that are promoting “ugly vegetables and fruits” like Imperfect Produce. They are making perfectly acceptable produce available at a good price that would otherwise end up in the land fill because Americans are so wrapped up in surface beauty.
In my opinion: Food trends that hurt and help!
- February 17th, 2017|Comments Off on COUS COUS RISOTTO WITH OLIVES, BABY KALE AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
- February 13th, 2017|Comments Off on A simple dinner for Valentine’s Day
- January 26th, 2017|Comments Off on ZITI WITH BROCOLLI RABE AND SAUSAGE
- January 22nd, 2017|Comments Off on The Marriage of Food & Wine Thurs. April 13th, 6-8p, $80 with Renowned Chef John Ash
- January 22nd, 2017|Comments Off on Cooking Wild ~Eating Close to Nature~ Wed. April 12th, 6-8p, $80 with Renowned Chef John Ash