I’m having a problem with all of the companies who are offering home delivery of foods to be cooked by the subscriber like Blue Apron. It’s not that they aren’t quality but they are exceedingly expensive for what you get, they involve a lot of packaging that impacts the land fill and they isolate you from the shopping experience where you can learn a lot and expand your culinary skills and horizons. Much better to spend that money at a Farmers Market. I’m inspired by those startups that are promoting “ugly vegetables and fruits” like Imperfect Produce. They are making perfectly acceptable produce available at a good price that would otherwise end up in the land fill because Americans are so wrapped up in surface beauty.
In my opinion: Food trends that hurt and help!
- July 17th, 2017|Comments Off on Recipe: Almond-Orange Biscotti
- July 5th, 2017|Comments Off on Grilled Pizza
- June 5th, 2017|Comments Off on Recipe: SPAGHETTI MARCO POLO
- May 24th, 2017|Comments Off on Recipe: BAKED RICOTTA
- May 6th, 2017|Comments Off on Favorite Recipe: Orange Ricotta Cake with Strawberries