Duck with Grapefruit Sauce
Duck is one of those birds that most Americans shy away from. If that describes you, then it’s time to give duck a try! They are widely available frozen in supermarkets, and much richer in flavor than a typical turkey. They are also easy to cook, using this two step method:
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees
• Coarsely chop some aromatic vegetables like garlic, onions and carrots and place in the bottom of a roasting pan
• Prick the duck all over with a cook’s fork to help release the fat and nestle it in among the veggies. Add a splash of white wine if you want.
• Cover with foil and roast for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender and juices run clear.
• Halve the duck, remove and discard backbone. At this point you can refrigerate for up to 2 days.
• When ready to serve, roast in a preheated 450 degree oven for 25 – 30 minutes to heat thru and crisp the skin.