The holidays are always a little stressful and I was sitting here thinking of a few little bites that I like to prepare that are really easy to do. Of course you can embellish or change according to your own taste.
· Toss cherry tomatoes with cilegine (small fresh mozzarella balls) with chopped fresh basil, rinsed capers, freshly ground black pepper, a little sea salt and good extra virgin olive oil.
· Top thinly sliced raw mushrooms, fennel and prosciutto with shaved parmesan cheese and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
· Sauté rounds of prepared polenta in olive oil until crisp and top with fresh whole milk ricotta, salt and pepper and a dab of marinara.
· Prosciutto wrapped around strips of provolone or bread sticks.
· Combine bresaola slices with pink grapefruit segments and baby arugula and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
· Top crostini with slices of smoked mozzarella, roasted red pepper strips and chopped fresh basil and briefly melt under the broiler.
· Make Crudo by slicing sushi grade tuna or yellow tail, topping with slivered red onion, sea salt, lemon infused olive oil and a pinch of red pepper flakes.