Here are my top ten favorites from a fantastic crop of cookbooks in 2010:
• One Big Table by Molly O’Neil. Simon and Schuster $50.
• Tartine Bread by Chad Robertson. Chronicle Books $40.
• In the Green Kitchen, Techniques to Learn by Heart by Alice Watters. Clarkson Potter $28.
• Sweet Magic: Easy Recipes for Delectable Desserts by Michel Richard. The Ecco Press $27.50.
• The Gourmet Cookie Book, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt $18.50.
• Chewy, Gooey, Crispy, Crunchy, Melt-in-Your-Mouth Cookies, by Alice Medrich. Artisan $25.95.
• Heart of the Artichoke and Other Kitchen Journeys by David Tanis. Artisan $35.
• Street Food of India: The 50 Greatest Indian Snacks – Complete with Recipes, I. B. Tauris $28.
• The Essential New York Times Cookbook: Classic Recipes for a New Century by Amanda Hesser, W.W. Norton $40.
• Around My French Table: More than 300 Recipes from My Home to Yours, by Dorie Greenspan. Houghton Mifflin
Let me know what you think of these choices. And if you have any favorites I haven’t mentioned, I’d love to hear about them!